Saturday, 12 September 2015

I am stealing the Norwegian Autumn Nights


I am stealing the
Norwegian Autumn Nights

Paula Robles Nettel

I have a borrowed home 
and a bed always half warm
so I might as well stay a while 
where the air is unconfined 
under the cold Nordic sky.

I sat awake under your stars
diamonds I can afford 
I named them after the ones I love
and others after the ones I long for,
there were one or two I dared to give
to the idea of some of you.

I'm stealing the Norwegian nights,
the gentle night breeze of autumn 
whispered to my ear:
We can't see the color of your hair 
nor the shade of  color of your skin,
in here we all are alike
you are exactly like us.
We are open to your senses
when you give yourself to us
stay a while and quiet, 
in your silence we might speak,
through the gentle brush of sea water
at the edge of the rocky fjord
or with the faint green sky
in the latitude of your hope.

So I stayed awake again last night
alone I faced the earth and sky,
I felt pity for the ones who slept
and for the ones who stayed awake 
ignoring the Norwegian night, 
so I took it all for me.

From Lundsneset (Hundvåg)  and Midtholmen 
9 & 11 September 2015 





No comments:

Post a Comment