| A walk around Breiavatnet always pretty |
What amazes me the most is that I have been able to find the hope of life in a place that so many consider so gray and unbearable do to the weather conditions, for certain I appreciate much more the days of sun Norway brings to me or that I seek abroad, yet there is a familiar comfort in the gray days of Stavanger and a strange appreciation of the gray beauty I can only attribute to my own softness and perhaps craziness...
| A true Norwegian |
The last six years of my life this town has even more than ever acquired a more spectacular meaning, it is here where I form the life of my son, it is here were he is rooted and where I get to do my job, striving to live up to the expectations of making my son a good human being and use my gift of motherhood wisely whilst I find ways to not forget myself while handling the ups and downs of life.
The meaning of our lives lies in our hearts and it doesn't matter where we stand, life will only make sense when we are at peace with our choices and our reality. Stavanger is my current reality and my choice and in it, lie infinite things that make my stay special. Places, views, memories, daily realities and people that have made my journey memorable.
There is no doubt I have built a life here without wasting it much complaining about what my life could have been elsewhere. No life is challenge proof and to have conquered the loneliness times and challenges that life had to offer me here make me even prouder to have stick to this place, because the view did get much clearer, beautiful and better once I knew how to stand on my own two feet.
There will always be places in this town that are dear to my heart and memories that were built in those places. As to the future, the world remains an open place but one must live the present fully, yet knowing that in blink of an eye life can change direction when the right time comes to continue building our lives. I am proof of that.
From Stavanger - another day not wasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment