Crumbs and Drops
paula robles nettel
Latching their souls to mine
like lips on a breast
I can recognise the hungry child in a man,
thirsty seeking the last drop that seems to be lost.
Uninhibited they open their minds
sharing the glory of the past that made them men.
Age has come, their looks have changed
but inside of them
the youth of a man's soul undresses for me,
the tender hidden side exposed
they speak of a land, a piece of their heart
little fertile land forbidden to sow.
Their days in their kingdom are full,
with lives already planned until the end of time,
their beautiful queens reign well
thought they have forgotten
that the laugh of their kids came to exist
from the bed of love they once shared.
What is it then? What do they seek in me?
For there are certain and better looking ones
to satisfy a impish lust.
I have nothing but soul, crumbs and drops to give
to a man who has it all.
Let me not then let you go
before I've sowed a flower
in the little piece of fertile land
you carry in your heart,
let's call her Hope and water her with words
for a while my crumbs and drops
until you get the strength
to walk straight back to the road you chose to walk.
I can't stay here with you,
be kind and let me hope
for a man with no forbidden lands.
Foreneset (Ryfylke) 6.10.15
No comments:
Post a Comment