Friday, 29 May 2020

The privileges of truth

The privileges of truth

Paula Robles Nettel

 

You and I have not kept secrets,

the harsh truth has always been

the trading coin between you and me.

You have said 

there were other women before me

and thus there is no surprise

to know there were others after me.

The fire in you burn so intensely

there will be never only one

who could give it all to you.

To find someone honest about the dishonesty

is hard to come by.

Sometimes I ponder about the privileges of truth

that have been bestowed on me

for we all dislike lies but the truth at times is harsh,

You are you, that is who you are

so accepting your truths is accepting you.

At times I wish I was never

acquainted with the nature of men or perhaps

the tough question to ask is

if I  have only met the same type of men.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment