Sunday, 4 September 2016

Orrestranda
Paula Robles Nettel


I sat alone at night in Orrestranda 
I saw the sky and stars
I heard the sea 
going back and forward in the dark 
I feared no more my mind 
my anxious state of mind.
I sat alone at night in Orrestranda 
I was one star or the full sky
I was a grain of sand
of the soft dunes around,
I was a drop of the ocean
and the vast sea as well,
I heard, I was 
the waves that came and went,
I felt darkness without pain
I was the universe
In its simple and its vast sense
I existed as before
but the faucets of my eyes 
have started to close
vanishing as the thoughts
of the turmoils in my soul.   
Life over death is a soft flame
soothing warm in my heart
there is careful hope in me again
a late bloom perhaps will come 
in this autumn spring of mine. 
On the darkest night in Orrestranda
alone by the fire, I didn't feel alone,
I was the universe 
and with the universe
in its simple and its vast sense
I was meant to exist as before,
but I was meant to exist as well 
in a life without inexplicable pain. 


From Orrestrandet / Hundvåg 4.09.16







No comments:

Post a Comment