Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Before I Wither

Before I Wither
Paula Robles Nettel

I might as well give myself to sin
and stump on the silly boundaries
of the idealism that governed me 
so long, so far into this loneliness.
Waiting for what? 
That my body dries in righteousness? 
I given up on me, 
through the silence of a God 
I will soon stop believing in. 

I might as well jump into the pond
of disbelief,
that the righteous man exists
for I find more honest men 
with their true nature exposed 
in the world of open sin 
than in the world 
of the striving righteous ones. 

I might as well become like them, 
more human, less righteous.
Soul and heart have been wasted 
in an a world driven by desire 
camouflaged in a lie of crumbling 
institutions,
sustained by pillars baring the name 
of love and fidelity turned fickle. 

I might as well have a funeral now
bury my heart and hope 
before I wither, 
I exchange them for freedom and truth
and the company 
of the unrighteous honest ones. 
I grieve this loss with whatever goodness 
left in me, 
my heart was so good and my hope so deep,
it is hard to part from them,
without crying them farewell.


Hundvåg 
13.04.16





1 comment:

  1. Life is a constant struggle, like it has been for reflected people since the bith of mankind.

    ReplyDelete