Sunday, 26 June 2011

Towards the outside

I know we can only break the patterns when we decide to face our reality and change it. Sometimes we are so hard wired to our past that even if the code has been broken we return once again to the old way of thinking.

I've been searching for doors of opportunity  to open  towards the inside, in search of those comfortable and beautiful inside rooms  limited by walls and windows that will safeguard me with  meaning, without realizing that a long time ago, perhaps even since childhood,  I already was looking desperately for the only door that leaves to the outside, not to escape but in search of that greater space that gave me freedom.

I know well the door I need to search is  the one that allows me into the garden and the outdoor areas where the space  is full of beauty and freedom to breathe and be. I know the limitations of my  geography and my current life stage, but as long as I keep always looking for that particular door, life will never be able to tame the boundary-less territory of my thought and my heart.

The exterior places will always have enough space for my soul to fit in and abundant trails to walk with those like me who cannot be confined to boxes. I understand that being who I am and opening  the door to the outside carries a big price to pay, and perhaps this is the reason why at the end of the day there is no match for me; people open the doors towards an inside that appeals me but doesn't stimulate me while I am looking for the door to an exterior where usually no one is around more than an a few instants to grab the color from the sun.

The need to go and search for for those doors that takes us to comfortable rooms is inevitable, but it is important to understand than when a door to these inside rooms shuts in your face, what lies behind our back remains the extraordinary space of beauty to continue getting inspired, we just need to turn our head around to see it.


From Preikestolen and Stavanger
25 and 26 June 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment