The last two years besides the painful changes in my life, my Christmas in Norway have become even more special, the chance to fulfill the dream to welcome to my dinner table, friends, the little family I have here and even stranded strangers in a foreign land.
This Christmas is even more special to me because I have celebrated LIFE this year as if those who left were still with me. Tonight will not be any different I carry you all in my heart.
A beautiful tree stands in my living room, a table for ten charmingly set, a child that has marveled now for days at the Christmas spirit his mother has created and a woman of 38 has given it all to tonights dinner menu, prepared with love. I am lucky woman and I am happy to have so many people around tonight so I can share who I am and give some of my Christmas heart, that is full of hope and faith.
Tonight I celebrate Christmas in my home, with the full meaning of it in my heart and my actions. Remembering my family with love and in a corner of my home two stones stand side by side, my missing friend, in your silence you are still celebrating this Christmas with me.
Stavanger, December 24th, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment