Its been five years since I was given one of the most extraordinary gifts in my life: being a mom! What a journey this has been and in myself discovery I found out one great truth: you make me happy but my happiness doesn't depend on you!
I see you as who you are, entrusted gift of God to nurture your talents, your emotions, to fill your life with wonderful experiences in order to make you a wonderful man one day, above all to love beyond my comprehension and with such strenght that I don't need to hold on to you for me to be me!
Son of mine, I see you, I hear you, I spend time with you not only because I love you and you are my responsibility but because I like getting to know the aspects of your being that even if I mold you they remain your inner traits of your personality. You make my life an exciting discovery of the world, learning how to be your mother each day makes me want to be a greater woman as well so you one day can also see me the way I see you, so you can know me not only because you love me...
We have exciting time ahead of us, we will for certain endure hard times again and I hope you have already started to learn the elements that make all the differnece in crossing the bridges of life in times of trouble and in times of failure : remain kind, humble, loving, respectful and forgiving as this will take you to the other side with the elegance of dignity.
As for the good moments to come we are going to keep having them, living the present fully, practicing appreciation, learning to materialize our dreams and above all not to surrender ourselves to live a life that doesn't encourage us to reach our full potential and our true happiness.
Thank you - for seeing me and for allowing me to show you who I am so you one day can also know me far beyond the title of who we are..
P & A forever each in it's own way!
I love you little one. Mamma.
Bergen - Mjølkeråen 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment