Monday, 15 June 2009

I read in retrospect all my postings since I started to blogg, I must say I am now completely in a different stage and very much at peace with the situation. The predictions of the relation therapist were quite right, we needed at least a year to grief the loss of our marriage. We been separated now since March 2008, it has been a very hard time, specially for me, although I am convinced that this was the only alternative, the weaknesses of my character which my friends refer as the traits of my character, have been the ones holding me back, making me unable to allow others to enter my life.

After so many years with someone, ending a relationship on a friendly basis is the hardest thing of all, not because remaining friends is difficult, but because the emotional relationship doesn't allow someone to move forward in the fastest way, which at the end probes effective to avoid falling into rebound relationships.

Keeping single and alone this year has been difficult, however one trait of my character is that I am faithful to myself and my believes. Handling my sorrows or emptiness to someone else was never an option and obviously is never the answer. I've learned so much about myself, about my character. I am a strong person, stronger than I've ever been, learning to be alone has given me the chance to know more about me which in due time will allow me to not make the same mistakes, and I am pretty sure that this knowledge of myself shall prove effective in the future when or if I get the chance to give my heart again to someone worth my love and my commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment