![]() |
| Breiavatnet 25.05.2015 |
The Branch
paula robles nettel
Lend me a branch of your tree,
man, lend me a branch of your tree,
let me nest
my dreams of wings with you
keep myself
warm with your leaves
let me
attempt stretching my wings
give me the
time I need,
for if dared to fly before,
I never
learned to fly you see.
I feel the strength
of your trunk
carrying the
multiple branches,
nesting the
birds that belong to you.
I don’t
belong in your tree,
but if you
let me, if the winds allow it
I’ll be
quiet, let me nest into you
in the
hidden branch no one can see.
Let me hear the whisper of your sap
flowing through
your veins, beating from your heart,
knowledge of
your many years.
You will see me fly away
when the
wings have stretched,
I will fly
away,
away from the branch
and foliage
and you will smile beautiful tree
for the quiet words that embraced me,
the smiles that were born from the sun
you allowed me to see.
Up standing on the branch of your tree
I can see the world in front of me,
I am not that small, I am not that weak,
I have nothing to fear.
Breiavatnet Stavanger 25.0515
MØS

No comments:
Post a Comment