The Buddhist proverb says, When the student is ready the teacher will appear. I wonder as well, in this stage of life, it's hard to recognize what we
are. Are we the teachers or are we students? In both instances, it is hard for the student to let go of the mentor, give up the guiding light and inspiring source, but equally hard it is for the teacher to let go of the student, put the hands down and release.
To let go, is the hardest thing I have ever done, yet I know by now how to recognize when things are meant to be that way, recognize that there is no need to hold on to what is not meant for us to hold on to and so, again, it's all about going through the emotions of the moment, until the feeling passes by and the reality can settle, it's time to let go, when others have already released us from duty.
The question remains, as I can't recognize anymore, the fine line that divides these two important roles, who was the teacher, who was the student?
Tonight I walk alone, no teacher by my side, and no student to guide. Yet I am no longer lost, I am in the now, at times a teacher, at times a student but over all: This woman I was meant to be.
.
Stavanger 17.12.12
No comments:
Post a Comment