Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Paracetamol is not for living

As I walked to work this morning, the very cold wind blew on my direction while I was inhaling, making my lungs cold and uncomfortable. The whole process of breathing became a conscious moment. I realized there and then that we live the moments of our lives as unconsciously as breathing is to our nature.

I realize also then that it is the uncomfortable and painful things in our lives that give us the awareness power that provoke the conscious living; denial is the “paracetamol” of our conscious and happiness a stronger pain killer, that numbs the thought with its inviting comfort of well-being, giving us the ability to enjoy the unconscious stupidity of the perfect moment -indeed a blessing in itself.

Well, I welcomed my lesson today because it was in its simplicity the answer to my questions. How is one to make the right choices if one is suppose to live the moment and one is not aware of it?

Drown me then life with troubles and questions as they make me smarter and my wrinkles show the wisdom engraved in my soul; let the elements of life and nature then be uncomfortable and provoking;  I am strong now, and will continue to get stronger as you have made me so far, but  listen LIFE, be aware now: It is clear that I prefer pain than denial but when the moment of happiness comes again I know I will surrender to it, stupidly, like my headaches to a strong pain killer. I will forget your troubles, questions and pains - if only for the moment I will allow myself not to be aware of your powerful empowering voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment